COVID-19 Social Distancing Protocol for Patient Visits (Phase 2)
Effective immediately, we are instituting a mandatory social distancing protocol for clients due to the COVID 19 pandemic. We will be making WEARING FACE MASKS MANDATORY TO ENTER OUR FACILITY with a maximum occupancy of 4 people at a time.
If you have a fever cough, runny nose, and/or sore throat or have returned from international travel within the last 14 days, you will be asked to have a healthy family member or friend bring your pet for care.
If you have an emergency and your pet has:
Suffered a life-threatening injury (ie hit by car)
1. Please bring your pet to the front door and one of our staff member will take them in for immediate stabilization.
2. Please return to your car and call 780 987 5780. If urgent intervention is needed, you will be asked to consent to treatment over the phone. We ask you have your cell phone available once you arrive with your pet, until the time your deposit has been left.
Starting Monday, June 8th, 2020 if you have a scheduled appointment:
1. One person per household will be allowed to accompany their pet into the clinic provided they wear a face mask. One of our healthy staff members will weigh your pet, perform check-in by getting history and reason for visit information.
2. Our trained animal health technologists and veterinarians will discuss the history, findings, and treatment options as required.
3. Consent for treatment estimates will be authorized by veterinarian and client service staff member. Pre Payment for appointments or Deposits for surgeries can also be taken over the phone or by e-transfer. We are not accepting cash at this time.
4. Inpatient patient updates will continue to be completed by the phone, generally once daily by a veterinarian and one other time by a nursing staff member.
5. At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed to you and discussed over the phone. A staff member will bring your pet to the car.
6. Any questions or concerns can be dealt with by phone or email.